Sunday, January 22, 2006

Last respects to Web zines...

So this was the year of goodbyes. I don't want to get all sentimental and if you know me at all you already know I've lost a few people I've known in different stages of my life. But this month marks two more passings--the Web zines SomeOtherMagazine.com, the Boston-based zine that gave me hope for a writing carreer and BlackTable.com, a New York-based Web zine that published my rant about summer tourists on the T and a few random reviews of life, including a few anonymous rants and one about people who work at chain record stores (but I know it's a living, so I don't hold it against you).

Anyway, I haven't been writing other than the Web zines I just mentioned, so it's now up to me to find new freelance outlets, so wish me luck and I'll keep you posted. I think that both sites will be up for a little while, but the Boston one just had it's last issue on Jan. 15 (up til March) and then the New York one has it's last update on Friday, Jan. 27.

Good night and God speed little Web zines. You were loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home