Saturday, October 14, 2006

Updates... on myspace...

Hola,

If you've stumbled onto this site and want some updates, look me up on myspace. Or, here's the deal:

Started an awesome new job two months ago (30 days and I have health insurance again! Hooray!!). I have yet to be tempted by any other job- or school-related e-mails in my spam, aka, insurance sales or film school, like I was before I got this job. It's a reporting position at Indiana Lawyer, www.theindianalawyer.com, and I love that I'm writing again for a newspaper. It helps that I used to write for a legal paper, but either way it's writing. I'm also going to attempt my first novel (well, in earnest...) in November. www.nanowrimo.org is where to get set up if you want to write a novel in a month.

AND how could I forget?

Two things:

1. Oct. 15, tomorrow, is the Indiana AIDS Walk. I'm on the committee so if you somehow find this in the next 12 hours--the event is at 10 a.m., the walk is at 2 p.m. at University Park in downtown Indianapolis.

2. I can add "award-winning" to my resume: I wrote a profile of people who are HIV+, in October 2005:
http://nuvo.net/article.php?title=article_4708

And in April, it won the Society of Professional Journalists of Indiana first place award for non-deadline reporting for a non-weekly publication--this is the link about the awards:
http://nuvo.net/article.php?title=article_5840

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home