Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New apartment... new friend!

It occurred to me today that soon I will move into my third Indianapolis apartment, yet I still have the same Chicago cell phone number. What's up with that?

Anyway, my new apartment will be mine in mid-October, and I have five days for the transition to figure out where I'm going to fit all my stuff. I'm probably one of the few people who is downsizing because a) I don't need all the space I have in my place now (although I'll miss the storage closet outside and walk-in closet in my room...); b) I wanted to be closer to downtown where I work (commute will be cut in half); and c) I'll be closer to my friend's new house where she and another friend will be roommates for a while, and it's closer to my boyfriend's work/dad's house.

I also just decided a couple days ago that I may be adopting a new friend whose name still isn't known, but has been called ReRo, Ringo, and Ron Rico by his different owners. He's a dark gray tabby, very sweet, and already has had his vet stuff taken care of for the year (he's six months old). He's fixed--which is how all housepets should be--but I haven't yet decided on the claws situation.

But thanks to this interesting and hilarious product, I may not have to. Soft Paws are little vinyl coverings for claws so the cats don't scratch the crap out of your things (or you). But I was already planning to get a couch cover for the couch I have now, and I've lived with cats who have claws before (they belonged to roommates) so it should be OK. I hope. And I just heard the pet deposit isn't too bad at the new place BUT the place will have hardwood floors (does that matter to cats with claws? Or will it just mean more click-clacking when he walks around?).

At any rate, I look forward to having a new friend and hope he does better than my plants, which aren't doing all that great anymore. But at least kitties cuddle and look cute and do funny things I can blog about. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home